|Yeah I know, it's super lazy to use the same picture over and over again|
Well I'm still in the midst of taking things 'slowly' here at Frontline Games HQ, otherwise known as my home. I've been trying to get my lazy fat derrière into action over the last week or so. I can't face painting units it seems, or starting a colour scheme for an army. Nope, I appear to have broken a fundamental part of my brain that I require to be able to accomplish such tasks. What I need is something inspiring and illuminating to get those creative juices flowing. So I went searching through my storage boxes of miniatures looking for a simple yet enticing project to sink my teeth into. I seem to have found just the thing, and no doubt there will be some work in progress articles if my cunning plan has worked soon enough... if there aren't then you can all shout at me, and call me nasty names. However, over the past few months while trying to psyche myself up to get my 'hobby on' again I've perused a number of Blogs that have inspired me to knuckle down and get on with it:
- Studio Giraldez - Simply put, 'the master' or 'the boss' and indeed in some circles 'the daddy'. Or as I like to call him 'arrrggghhhh the bloody git has painted another sodding sexy looking miniature I can never hope to replicate again man'. Yes inspiring and soul destroying in equal measure it's Señor Angel Giraldez's (pronounced AhN-Hell Jee-ral-death) Blog. Full to the brim with wonderfully painted miniatures of exquisite beauty. Enter at your own risk. Your fragile little mind might never be the same again.
- Mini Junkie - Mini Junkie is the home of one Mr Jarrett Lee, a gentlemen who currently resides in Alberta, Canada. Whether he is a maple syrup quaffing Canadian I know not. So whether he say's 'aboot' instead of about remains a mystery yet to be solved. However, what isn't a mystery is that this guy can paint. Seriously go take a look at his recent projects, there are some damn fine sexy miniatures in there.
- Dwartist - Speaking of sexy miniatures, welcome to the wonderful world of Dwartist. Yeah, for some reason I want to put an 'F' in his name too!!! Again he's a clearly talented guy. I've actually been glancing at the pages of this blog for months and months now. While I appreciate the character miniatures he paints, I'm not going to lie, I often just browse his collection of tanks and vehicles. We all like tanks, but not all of us like painting them. Dwartist it seems does, and he does a cracking job of it too. Very inspiring.
- Miniature Tim - I was introduced to this Blog by none other than Jeff Wilhelm of Dragon Forge Design fame. Yes he of exceptionally sexy resin bases. He said something along the lines of 'hey FLG you have to check this guys Blog out' meaning Tim's 'he's a damn fine painter and does cool things with his bases'. That he does. Like me Tim it appears was a big FASA / Battletech fan back in the day and I have to stick up for him on that count alone. Us mech heads have to stick together. But the guy can paint, sculpt and convert too. Some really cool hobby articles that are useful and informative.
- Rant in 'E' Minor - Yeah so I'm bigging up Sorrowshards Blog again. But he's my homie and I do so love the guys Dark Eldar, They're very sexy. Plus like me he's currently going through his own personal hobbying hell after completing his Dark Eldar for last years throne of skulls. I guess I hope he gets enough traffic and compliments off of passers by that he feels the urge to get his 'hobby on' again. I feel your pain bro.
- A Hobbyist's Blog - That is a very apt name for a very cool little Blog by Darthgus. I first came across Mr Gus on the Infinity forums, where he was an exceedingly friendly and helpful individual. He is always willing to offer good sound advice on scenery building. It's primarily for the scenery articles that I frequent his blog. But he's also done some really cool articles on making resin bases and casting resin in general, and I hope he won't mind me saying this, but he has a wealth of nicely painted miniatures that are in the 'achievable' bracket up on his Blog too. As opposed to say Señor Angel Giraldez who makes me want to snap my paint brushes in frustration.
- Remote Presence - Another collection of hobbyists I first bumped into on the Infinity forums. These guys get views off of me again primarily because of their scenery articles. I think some of their ideas have been genius, they really have. Their Blog though isn't so much of a hobby inspiration for me, it's more a reminder that I wanted my own Blog to be more 'hobby' orientated.
So there you have it, my shout out to all the 'hobbyist' Blogs that I have used to try and gee myself up again, and get my creative mojo flowing once more. Hopefully some of it will inspire you as well. Peace out!