Wednesday 7 November 2012

World Exclusive Heavy Gear Blitz Reveal: Diamondback

  
   

Right, my secret Canadian operative managed to help my top agent 009 Lives sneak into Dream Pod 9's secret volcano lair, and rescue the cute kittens that John Nguyen was holding hostage, as leverage over me. Now they're fully safe and being housed in woolen blanket lined cat baskets on top of sparkling rainbows, I am free to show you all a sneak peak at some of the Southern Gear goodness that is on its way. Just bear in mind that my operative had to smuggle the information out stored on an IBM 3590 Data Cartridge inserted in a very uncomfortable place. I have no idea why he chose such a large ineffective storage device, especially as I'd given him a 2GB MicroSD card. Actually that's very odd behaviour, I'll be having words with Tyba... erm... I mean Agent 009 Lives about his behaviour. Any way as he's used such ineffective data storage devices I'm only able to give you the first of the reveals today, there will be more.... why the hell would he go back? I mean it can't be fun shoving that data tape up there! Mental note to self, send Agent 009 Lives for psychiatric evaluation after the mission has been completed, he's exhibiting some rather 'odd' behaviour. Prepare yourself for some awesome:

This bad boy is the Diamond back, a Gear for the Southern faction... sweet!!!


I'm not sure whether to be impressed or annoyed. I've already sent my concerns to the representatives of Dream Pod 9. They are well aware of my personal feelings that NuCoal and now PRDF, should be the only factions allowed to have cool stuff. I even stupidly thought we'd come to some sort of arrangement... well... Agent 009 Lives has confirmed that they have in fact been working on some 'awesome' for the Southern faction. It's almost like they aren't taking my lobbying and comments seriously. Really not cool guys. Here, as further confirmation my Agent even smuggled a image or two of the miniature out.

[Warning] This is probably not an Angel Giraldez paint job!

Agent 009 has even managed to smuggle a moderate amount of 'fluff' out of Canada. At first I thought he meant Cat fluff, but it turns out he meant wargaming fluff. So I have a bit of intel on the development history of the Diamondback. Apparently this Gear has been developed by Mandeers Heavy Industries and some 'so-called' engineering experts Dynamic Systems. But, answer me this, if they were so 'expert' how come it took them two decades to develop? Experts my ar... any way it looks silly and I don't like it. There's also some corporate politics stuff about Dynamic Systems having a lovers tiff with Territorial Arms and therefore approach Mandeers with their begging bowls "please Sir can I have some more" they probably said. Apparently this collaboration has produced a Gear comparable to the Black Adder (probably not the Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson comedy show), but also with extra gubbins so it could compete against the Black Mamba (probably not the Anne Summers... well... erm you know). Any way production on it was started in TN1938 and some people in the Mekong Dominion liked it because it had a cup holder or something. Seriously I lost interest when I realised it was good. Any way there will be loads of extra rubbish about how 'great' the damn thing is in the upcoming Forged in Fire Field Guide for the Southern faction, by the way the cover art for that book looks pretty cool too. It's almost like they want the Southern faction to look good. Why?

Still probably not an Angel Giraldez paint job

Apparently the Diamondback saw 'limited action' during the Inter-Polar War, which is code word speak for 'we did our field tests during a conflict' because we don't value the lives of our pilots. Probably. But in all fairness its service history sounds pretty cool, and it has apparently been deployed very effectively in and around the Jungles of the Mekong Dominion. In all seriousness though, I've obviously seen the actual quality of the final content you will get in the Forged in Fire Field Guide for the Southern faction, and I am pleased to report that it is up to the standards of what I found in the NuCoal Perfect Storm Field Guide. So yeah sure, the shiny new toy mecha will be the welcome boost that Southern players will want to see, but I believe it is the quality of the Forged in Fire book that they should be getting most excited about in my humble opinion. There will be more sneak previews cropping up over the next week or so on my Blog, but you should also keep your eyes peeled to the Dream Pod 9 Facebook page for more Southern faction news... and trust me there's going to be a hell of a lot of it.

7 comments:

  1. To answer your question: because the South's awesome, that's why! And to the claim that NuCoal and PRDF should be the only ones with cool toys: what happened to spreading the love? ;)

    Anyway, you're right about the Field Guide. I might get some models, depending on other purchases and release dates. But the book is on my 'must get' list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for spreading the love... as long as it's NuCoal and PRDF love. Everyone should be forced to accept their superiority!!! Honestly though some of the South stuff I've seen looks sweet, and based on the small exerts from the book I've read it is up to the same standards as the NuCoal field guide... as you'd expect.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how your men was able to infiltrate our security, but it must be their dapper appearance and British charms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the fact that I sent a cute looking cat in a tuxedo!!! Don't let that fool you though... he's a killer. Unless you give him a belly rub.

      Delete
  3. Boo southies. Were is all the stuff for my belivedc north.

    Looking good though, if this is the kinda stuff coming out, I'm looking forward to when they do the northern field guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Mecha Ace was pretty much my response too!!! I just don't think they understand. It's not right!

      I'm guessing the Northern field guide will be out next year, and I think the PRDF field guide is the next one up isn't it? So that leaves the North next in line.

      Delete
    2. Ha! Don't expect any of those sexy curves on either North or PRDF! NuCoal seems to have a mix of both on the other hand. ;)

      Delete