HendyBadger is trying to drum up some support for his endeavours to raise cash for Cancer Research UK and the Breast Cancer Campaign. First things first, there are a number of pretty good reason as to why I'm highlighting this competition:
- It's run by HendyBadger over at 'Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher' who is a thoroughly nice fellow and a proper gentlemen.
- It's a really, really good cause. I'm sure that absolutely everyone of you who reads this will have known someone affected by some form of cancer. Right now my Grandfather is fighting a difficult battle against cancer. It's horrible illness that destroys lives and families, so anything we can do to help is a good thing.
- It's pink! Look at my Blog, although the pink and purple theme was an accident I've stuck with it through all the insults and ridicule!!! So I have to support anyone who is willing to turn their own Blog pink.
So what exactly is going on over at Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher? Well read on and I'll let you know!
First and foremost there is a painting competition, and I know a lot of you who read this Blog are incredibly keen painters, with a fair modicum of talent when it comes to slapping paint onto miniatures. So I figured to those of you out there this might actually appeal. The idea is pretty simple, you take a Pulp City 'Superhero' or 'Supervillain' and totally mess with their cool threads by painting them pink and getting all the other Superheroes and Supervillains to laugh at them! HendyBadger though knows that not everyone will be able to lay their hands on Pulp City miniatures readily, so the competition has been opened out to Superhero or Supervillain miniature you can lay your hands on, which should make your life a little bit easier. There's a two pronged approach with this competition though. Firstly HendyBadger is giving away the following prizes:
- £40, £20 + £10 gift vouchers from Wayland Games
- 3 Unreleased Reaver Lords models from Pulp Monsters
- Limited Edition resin minis (A painters dream) from Studio McVey
- $50 Voucher from Secret Weapon Miniatures
- Goodies from Fenris Games
- Goodies from Impact Miniatures
- Pulp City Minis - Iron Train, Solar, Ace of Wraiths, Androida, Guerilla, Gentleman + Hellsmith from Amazing Wonders hobby centre
- 10x FDG Capital City 28mm sets from Fat Dragon Games
- Bushido Cult and Prefecture starter sets and extra blister each from GCT Studios
- 9 Miniatures (1 of each in the range) from Statuesque Miniatures
- Relics rulebook and 2 Starter sets (winners choice) from Tor Gaming
- Limited Edition Freebooters Fate models from Freebooter Miniatures
- WarmaHordes MkII Accesories kit from Advanced Deployment
- Box of random minis from Hasslefree Miniatures
So there are some good prizes in there, and make no mistake! However, giving stuff away does not normally raise money right? Well yes of course you're right. That's why when the competition is finished HendyBadger is going to auction off your miniature to raise cash for the aforementioned charities.
|Really nice gesture from those at CMoN|
That's not all HendyBadger has on offer though. He's also got whole bunch of highly limited edition Dark Age Sisters of Charity, cast in pink resin to sell as well. The terribly nice chaps over at Cool Mini or Not only cast up 52 of them to help with fund raising for cancer, and HendyBadger has managed to snare himself 24 of them. Although I have no idea how many of them are still left, so if you want one I'd act quickly. To get your mitts of one you just have to click on the donate button on his website, he's left how much you choose to donate up to your own conscience, which knowing what a thoroughly reprehensible lot of miscreants you are might be a mistake! He's asked that you add £1 for postage and packing if you are in the UK and £2 for the rest of the world. Also please remember that this is for a good cause and donate accordingly as your conscience dictates. Peace out!