And I think it's a bit of a doozie. First lets have a brief re-cap on what it is that I've already given away in my mammoth birthday giveaway and try through gritted teeth to congratulate those who have won them:
- At 500 follower's, witht he help of John Nguyen at Dream Pod 9 I gave away all the Heavy Gear Blitz PDF's, which were won by Heid.
- At 525 followers thanks to the lovely chaps at GCT Studio's I was able to offer up a Bushido Prefecture of Ryu Starter Set and Tenshi. This awesome little prize was won by Bishop.
- At 550 followers I was able to give away some store credit for some Sarissa Precision goodies, unsurprisingly donated by the guys at Sarissa Precision themselves. This prize was won by Vent.
- At 575 followers I was able to offer up a Werner Klocke signed copy of the Freebooter's Fate rulebook, thanks obviously to Werner himself, but also the lovely Hendrik at Freebooter's miniatures. This splendid prize was won by Elbrun, I hope it'll cheer him up a bit as he's had it rough of late. Chin up matey.
- At 625 followers thanks to the wonderfully kind Mike McVey I was able to offer up a copy of the as yet unreleashed Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster board game. Simply. Awesome! The winner of this excellent prize?It was none other than Karitas.
- At 700 followers it was time to ship out a Blood Maw Vore out of the door, kindly donated by Rob Lane at BaneLegion's. This beast is heading off to the land of leeks, daffodils and singing and will find a new home with Davey.
- At 750 followers, thanks to the terribly generous Jeff Wilhelm I was able to giveaway $100's worth of Dragon Forge Designs store credit. Splendid! So who won that particular prize only yesterday... well that was PMMDJ. Also if any of you want to keep up with what Jeff is doing at Dragon Forge Designs the best place to do it is via their Facebook page.
That brings me bang smack up to date, with all of this competition malarkey and onto 800 followers plus. So yep, in just over a month I've gone from 442 followers to 819, well actually I hit 816 in under a month but you know, I decided to space things out! That's obviously been very massively aided by the prize draws... I'm not dumb, despite reports to the contrary! So I'd like to say a big thanks to all those companies who have backed this Blog with prizes, not just for this birthday giveaway but also Ax Faction for donating the Victorian Darling Kraken Hunter for my 5000th comment, although it eventually went to the 4999th comment. I'd also like to say thanks to the Foundry for donating my first ever prize. You've all helped me massively reach these figures. Hopefully the quality of my writing and articles keeps people entertained once they get here, but you've helped bring new faces to my site and given me the chance to impress them. Thank you!
But we're not quite done yet. Oh no, I've still got a pretty fantastic prize to giveaway that has been very kindly donated by Ronnie Renton (who I recently interviewed here) of Mantic Games, and signed by Jake Thornton the games designer. I am of course talking about the complete Dwarf Kings Hold bundle of games. Yep Ronnie Renton has very graciously donated not just Dead Rising, but also Green Menace and Ancient Grudge as well. You can read my reviews of all three products here:
- Review Dwarf Kings Hold: Dead Rising
- Review Dwarf Kings Hold: Green Menace
- Review Dwarf Kings Hold: Ancient Grudge
I also retrospectively gave Dead Rising an Approved by Cats award and I also revisited my initial thoughts on Dead Rising a few weeks after my initial review. In short I really quite like this series of games, I think Mantic have a good product on their hands, and it's one of those gateway products that I think our hobby needs so desperately to snare youngsters into this terrible addiction of ours. Any way, you'll be wanteing to know how to enter right? Well...
- You still need to be a public follower of this Blog. I can't believe so many people fail miserably at this first hurdle. It's rule number 1 people, if you fail this early into the process... well... you don't desrve to win anything!
- Next up, and here's the one nobody seems to be having problems with... I think... you need to leave a comment in the comments section below, indicating that you want to win this prize. Simple so far right?
- You need to have completed step 1 and step 2 by the 30th of June 2012 by 12:00 PM GMT. Because I'll be drawing the winner at that particular date and time.
- This time there is no number 4. No extra entries for spreading the word, I'm done with all that crap. This prize draw is for those of you who actually turn up here on a regular basis and read what I post. This ones for you!
So that's your lot people! Is this likely to be the last ever giveaway I ever do on this Blog? No, probably not. What format future giveaways will take or what prizes they're likely to be I haven't got a clue about yet I'm afraid. I haven't given it that much thought. While it has been really good spreading a bit of the 'free' love around the Internet, I have to say I'm tired with it all now. It's taken over much of the work I've conducted on this Blog for the past month, and has been a fair amount of work... so for now I'm done. Before I go though I just have enough time to tell you that Mantics Kickstarter campaign only has a day to go if you wanted to back it, and it's really rocking now. Peace out!