|Let me lead you to the promised land!!!|
He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you." Exodus 15:26
(Translation obey me and my commandments or get bitch slapped peeps!)
The Lord might be your Shepherd but when it comes to toy soldiers it's God money who you have to worry about it seems. This is going to be a bit of a weird sermon, mainly because it's on Wednesday, but also because rather than playing Devils advocate or poking a bit of fun at people... I'm being deadly serious. By now most of you will have heard that unsurprisingly Games Workshop are at it again with their annual price hike shenanigans. Look we all knew it was coming, and only the bloody stupidly optimistic among you thought it wasn't... sorry if that's you, but hey I'm telling it like it is today. What many of you may not be aware of is just how painful it is going to be for some of you. It's bad, Biblically bad, forget Sodom and Gomorrah!
So I'm going to lay down some ten commandments of my own:
- Thou shall play many other Games and forsake Games Workshop.
- Thou shall make for yourself many toy soldier idols, made of metal, plastic, quality resin not Finecast and throw down with them and playeth fun games and worship thy hobby again.
- Thou shall not misuse or utter the name of those who must not be mentioned (Games Workshop).
- Thou shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy by Reading Frontline Gamers Awesome Sunday Sermons!
- Respect your wallet and fellow gamer.
- Thou must kill in many devious and imaginative ways in all the other game systems you were previously too afraid to try.
- Thou must commit adultery. Go on become a games whore, it's far more fun.
- Thou shall not bitch, whinge and moan about thee price increase while still buyething their crap! Especially if thou buyeth their Stormravens!!!
- Thou must not give false evidence to your fellow gamer and defend their price increase, for if you do thou shall be called schmuck and nincompoop.
- Thou must not be envious of your neighbour's miniatures. You shall not be envious of his wargames nor his D20's, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour... just buy it yourself!!!
So there we have it. I want absolutely no moaning, or whinging to be directed towards me here with regards to Games Workshops continued price gouging. I don't want to hear it, especially if you're planning on still buying their product. While I feel really sorry for those of you who have stayed loyal to Games Workshop over the years, who stood by them while they did dumb-ass things. You genuinely deserve better, but by now you must, I mean positively MUST know you aren't going to be treated any better than this.
Don't anybody tell me that it's to do with inflationary pressures or other such bollocks either. Games Workshop have proudly boasted for the past three years now that they have slashed their wage bill, by making people redundant and massively cut manufacturing costs by shipping some production to China and using cheaper, and in my opinion inferior quality raw materials. So they've been slashing their running costs (wise business practice) and inflationary pressures aren't as high as the increases we're starting to hear about. Simply put we're now talking solely about price gouging and it's that simple. I feel sorry for the staff members in their stores and the countless Local Game Store owners who will be the ones dealing with this at the sharp end. So if you think Games Workshop is now too expensive, play something else, there's plenty of stuff out there. Yet again Games Workshop will be driving disgruntled customers in the waiting arms of Privateer Press, Corvus Belli, Wyrd Miniatures and now Fantasy Flight Games... who with Dust Warfare might be the biggest winner in all this. Peace out!
PS. Only 9 more followers required before I start the giveaway for the Bushdio stuff, so if you want to start a new game and fancy some free to help you along get pimping my Blog out people!!!